Insightly is a B2B SaaS solution for engineering teams to bring in data-driven culture for people and process efficiency. Our goal is to make engineering teams release features more often, take less time to roll out features, and avoid team burnout.
We are an early-stage US-based startup with product and development based out of India. We are building in India for global markets, using the Silicon Valley exposure of our founder, advisors, and investors from top companies like Uber, Square, Microsoft, Intuit, Postman, and Amazon.
What will you do?
The Manual/Automation QA Engineer will be responsible for complete manual testing of Insightly product suite and automation of the test cases using the frameworks/languages of their choice. The goal will be to support the fast-paced engineering team using CI/CD to do multiple releases a week, or sometimes every day, and ensure testing isn't a bottleneck.
- Manual Testing: Understanding the product roadmap, participating in product discussions, sprint planning meetings to know what's coming, and thinking about ways to strategize the manual testing process to deliver features faster.
- Automation Testing: The automation engineer will be lazy for tedious tasks and find creative ways to automate the process and ensure a faster turnaround of test feedback for developers to iterate and fix the bugs quickly. You can use selenium, Python, or any other scripting language of your choice to ensure testing isn't a blocker for releasing fast and with high quality.
- Ownership: You will take a proactive approach to the overall success of product development and bug-free releases, be very customer-centric to empathize with their experience, and deliver value at every stage. You will not accept the status quo of the requirements if they aren't solving a customer's problem or aren't providing a delightful experience to get the job done.
- Data Nerd: Insightly Analytics is a data-heavy platform; data sanity & data integrity plays a vital role in the solution's success; you will be very good at SQL queries (we use Postgres and Mongo) with an ability to validate data and results.
- Team Player: Quality assurance includes application testing, user experience, security testing, and ensuring a quality-first mindset is carried out throughout the process and are actively working with a product manager, developers, and business to deliver a five-star experience to the customers.
Who you are:
- Manual + automation testing experience of 2 - 4 years
- Works as a manual test engineer to design, develop and execute test cases
- Builds a reusable architecture for test automation using Selenium or similar technologies/frameworks.
- Has strong SQL skills and scripting experience.
- Design and develop automated test sets using GUI verification, function/function libraries, database verification, data-driven test, and smoke test
- Identify process improvements to reduce any manual/repetitive tasks that improve team efficiency.
- You maintain a positive attitude and problem-solving mindset throughout unexpected changes and challenges.
- You're an excellent collaborator, who is candid, honest, and kind with feedback, and always looking to learn and improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.
Preferably Hyderabad (open to remote depending on the person)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays like family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- Professional development stipend
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you've just read! Even if you don't think you meet every requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Insightly's mission and can contribute to our team in various ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.