Insightly is a B2B SaaS solution for engineering teams to bring in data driven culture for people and process efficiency. Our goal is to make engineering teams release features more often, take less time to rollout features, and still avoid team burnout.
We are an early-stage US-based startup with product and development based out of India. We are building in India for global markets, using the Silicon Valley exposure of our founder, advisors, and investors from top companies like Adobe, Square, Microsoft, Postman, Ola and Amazon.
Must-have skills: Java/J2EE, Spring boot, SQL (Postgres preferred)
Desired skills: AWS, CI/CD, scripting knowledge, Data engineering
Location: Hyderabad, India
What will you do?
The Java Developer will build microservice applications using Java, Spring boot, Postgres DB and be working closely with senior developers in the team to incorporate best practices, assist when you are stuck, and help you become a star developer in a short period of time.
- Developing applications: Understand requirements, come up with technical implementation of the feature, write code using best practices, get it reviewed by senior developers and watch it pushed to production to feel proud of the work that’s being done.
- Relationship Management: The Java developer will work closely with senior developers, product managers, and quality assurance teams to build good relationships, learn from them, and support them in all ways possible to deliver quality products for Insightly.
- Continuous learning, Continuous improvement: One of the core roles of the Java developer is to ensure they are constantly learning (Insightly provides support for ongoing development) new technologies, frameworks, tools to make the development process more efficient. Our DevOps is built to deliver multiple releases a day and we empower our developers to be autonomous throughout the process.
- Ownership: You will ensure that all the work assigned to you is completed on time, and tested thoroughly before you submit it to the quality assurance team. You will raise your hand when you need help, but should have given the best efforts to solve the problem yourself before reaching out.
Who you are:
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Java and related technologies to build rich documentation first REST APIs
- Strong experience in Spring boot is a must
- Strong SQL experience – we use Postgres
- Desired experience with continuous delivery systems and in build tools (CI/CD, Git); if you aren’t aware, we will train you with these tools.
- Write JUnit test cases for the highest possible test coverage in every build
- Good knowledge of Cloud providers, preferably AWS, and DevOps toolchain
- Good knowledge of data engineering and analytics tech stack is a desired, not a must
- Strong communication skills, proactive, responsible and superb execution;
- Eager to learn and great problem-solving ability;
- Comfortable with fast-pace and ambiguity in a start-up environment
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays like family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- Professional development stipend
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you’ve just read! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Insightly's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.